How to enable middle click on Microsoft Touch Mouse
I’ve recently received the Microsoft Touch Mouse and I was disappointed by Microsoft that didn’t really unleash the true potential of this little cute technological gadget.
What I was really missing was:
- The middle click functionality;
- The left and right click without using the physical button, which I’ve found quite difficult pressing;
If you’re missing this functionalities too, you are in the right place, because here it is the solution, free of charge. Check you’ve installed the .NET framework V4 and select the right version for your system:
NEW 11/03/2012: A new utility, with new and exciting features, based on this code, is available on this site:
14/02/2012: Source realeased: please link back to this site if you use it.
01/01/2012: New 1.3 version released: adjusted click sensitivity to avoid unwanted clicks.
31/12/2011: New 1.2 version released: added detection of gestures and middle click recognition.
- Left and right click can be done by tapping respectively on left and right touch area.
- Middle click can be done by tapping simultaneously both left and right touch area.
- You can have a finger on one side and can still perform a click on the other side.
- If you swype in any direction to scroll a page, the program detects it and doesn’t do any click.